Beginners DSLR Photography Course Workshop
Wednesday 22nd June 2016
This one day beginners dslr photography course is aimed at total beginners who own a dslr camera and want to unpack some of its amazing potential. Participants will learn how to operate their cameras in manual mode, make correct exposures and understand the basics like aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
By ensuring that you understand what photography actually IS and how the digital SLR works as a tool in this context you will gain an understanding and control of the DSLR system which no user manual or trial and error approach could ever hope to give you.
Not only will you learn how to take amazing photos with your DSLR, but in the second part of the day you will learn how to further enhance or even correct errors in your photos through the power of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
Stage 1: Practical Photos
To start the day we will meet at the Beautiful Tredegar House in Newport, we will review camera settings and take photos ready for editing later
Stage 2: Editing Photos
For the second part of the day we will show you how to edit the photos we have all taken in the Bardsey suite, The Beacon Centre, St Mellons. This is only a 10min drive from Tredegar House.
Meet your Experts
Adrian has over 30 years experience in the Graphic design, Print and Photography industry and along with his business partner Stephen, has owned and run their own successful company since 2006. Adrian started in the industry when Apple Mac was in its infancy and has developed his skill set as technology has changed over the…
John has over 20 years experience in photography covering weddings and commercial events, and was an early adopter of the HDR genre. John is a verified presenter and lecturer for the Welsh Photographic Federation where he regularly presents sessions on HDR, Lightroom processing and Studio Photography. John also has 25 years experience in Project Management…
Stephen is a self taught Graphic Designer and Photographer. Over the years he has worked in a variety of different disciplines and learned the ropes in a hands on way as a hungry assistant photographer. Over the last ten years he has worked as a Wedding and Commercial photographer in South Wales, photographing everything from…
During the beginners dslr photography course you will learn:
- Metering – the most important function of your camera
- ISO – photo sensitivity explained in clear, jargon free terms
- White balance – how to avoid unpleasant blue and yellow casts in your photography
- Focus – an introduction to this elusive and deceptively tricky area of photography
- Programmes – the main programmes explained from the ground up
- Lenses – an in depth exploration, and how camera lenses can help add more creative control to your digital photography
- f-stops – how to get the desired exposure using a combination of shutter speeds and f/stops
- Editing – How to edit your photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
Our beginners dslr photography course not only explains the basic science and nature of photography, but also introduces lots of hands-on practice sessions during which you will learn how to control and combine all different camera functions creatively.
- How to compose great shots
- The art of good photography composition.
- The rule of thirds in composition
- How to use tones to add depth to scenes
- An introduction to Raw editing
- Correcting White Balance in editing
- Adjusting Levels / Brightness / contrast
- Cloning and healing